Manager: Terrestrial Biodiversity and Offset Specialist
Are you a Terrestrial Biodiversity and Offset specialist with managerial experience? If so, this opportunity could be for you. We are looking for a Manager: Terrestrial Biodiversity and Offset specialist who will be responsible for managing and developing a global team of terrestrial and botany ecologists and deliver high quality services to our clients and relevant stakeholders.
Our client is passionate about what they do and are extremely fortunate to be able to make a difference in the lives of their colleagues, their clients, the communities they work in and the environment.
You'll be expected to.
- Undertake ecological assessments to inform development planning and to meet environmental authorisation requirements.
- Undertake vegetation assessments including veld condition assessments and alien plant surveys to inform planning.
- Familiarise with biodiversity offset principles, both within the local context and global best-practice.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the team and clients in recognising potential offset entities and appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Maintain an awareness of country-specific legislation and the potential impact to the various projects.
- Work in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines.
- Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities.
- Ensure the team maintains a high-quality standard in the services provided and produces defensible deliverables.
You will have skills, knowledge and experience in.
- M.Sc. degree in Zoology or similar field of study.
- Six or more years' experience in the relevant field, preferably within the consulting environment would be beneficial.
- At least five years conducting specialist studies.
- At least five years working in the resources industry.
- International experience would be beneficial for endemic species identification and determination of ecological condition (or functional integrity).
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.