Principal Consultant - Climate Risk and Resilience UK
Remote/ Home working, Aberdeen, Leeds, London, Bath, Fareham, Weymouth, Glasgow, Plymouth, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland
Are you an existing or emerging subject matter expert in climate change mitigation and decarbonisation, climate change resilience and/or climate change adaptation, with an entrepreneurial focus and the ability to both win work and deliver work, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Principal Consultant - Climate Risk and Resilience to deliver professional consulting work with a specialisation in climate-related projects and act as project manager and subject matter expert to deliver successful projects and to build our clients brand reputation for superior, quality, technical work with a high customer focus. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Principal Consultant you will:
- Provide strategic, statutory and practical advice to clients about climate risk and resilience across a variety of sectors.
- With the assistance of the regional Future Business team, grow market awareness, capability and market share within the UK and Europe in the climate risk and resilience market.
- Support business development, marketing and sales relevant to the climate and environment market sector in the UK and Europe by liaising with clients, as well as building partnerships with other consulting and academic organisations.
- Project manage a range of projects with a high degree of oversight and planning, ensuring projects are executed to time and budget constraints and to client satisfaction.
- Deliver high quality and professional technical work, involving independence in approach and a high degree of originality, ingenuity and judgement.
- Prepare, review and submit proposals/ tenders, as well as marketing material and methods relevant to the role.
- Contribute to thought leadership activities through your work and by authoring papers, social media posts, presenting at events, seminars and conferences.
- You'll be an experienced Consultant who is an existing or emerging subject matter expert in one, or more, of the following skill areas: climate change mitigation and decarbonisation, climate change resilience and/or climate change adaptation with strong problem-solving capability.
- You will have a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Planning or other relevant area of study alongside considerable experience post-graduation in a consulting, government or applied research capacity undertaking projects.
- You'll be someone who can demonstrate an entrepreneurial focus, with the ability to both win work and deliver work.
- If you also have experience of working within the Government, Defence, Transport or Resources sector or have a Master's or PhD in a relevant area of study then we would love to hear more about this, but it is not essential.
Why this role?
The well-being of the team is central to our client's success, so workloads are managed effectively and they promote agile working, so their working hours are flexible. On top of this, they have a host of benefits and family friendly policies designed to support their people. They also appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure and they ensure that their people have access to the training and mentoring they need to be the best at what they do.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.