Principal Freshwater EIA Consultant
UK Based Remote/Home Working.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Freshwater EIA Consultant, who is looking for a lead role, managing aquatic projects. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of duties from small water course changes to the delivery of large aquatic assessments for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects - across freshwater and marine environments. The successful candidate will join the growing Environmental Appraisal team and will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of different water projects such as marine and freshwater EIA chapters, abstraction licence assessments, drought permit assessments, WFD compliance and Habitats Regulations Assessments.
You will be expected to.
- Smoothly Managing a portfolio of work including large scale projects that span multiple disciplines.
- Build on your existing project management skills, write, and review detailed scientific reports.
- Liaising with clients and promoting growth across the Group.
- Effectively managing project teams, collaborative working and sharing expertise
The successful candidate will already be working in the field of aquatic EIA work and have:
- An M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Environmental Science or related discipline
- A sound understanding of relevant environmental legislation
- Experience coordinating, completing, and reviewing water related environmental impact assessments (including HRA and WFD assessment)
- Large scale EIA experience, preferably DCO / PINS projects
- Experience working for a consultancy, or significant experience at a regulator/water company
- Good client engagement skills
- Experience of managing and delivering involved and complex environmental projects
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation who prides themselves on creating a diverse and inclusive team. There are excellent flexible working options available, to achieve work life balance. Many employees have worked on projects that have been of personal interest to them. They are committed to continuous development of employees to support your career. The benefits package includes private medical insurance for all employees, access to mental health first aiders and comprehensive income protection if you cannot work.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Justine at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.