UK Based Remote/Homeworking
Due to company growth, we are looking for an experienced Geomorphologist, who is seeking a step up to take a leading role in managing projects within the Hydromorphology team. Applications are welcomed from those with experience in river and wetland restoration, weir removal and fish passage, sediment management, habitat modelling, risk mapping, sediment fingerprinting and management of scour.
You will have the opportunity to work on an extensive portfolio of hydromorphology projects and environmental assessment work, developing your skills and experience. For the successful motivated candidate, this is a great opportunity to make you mark in an expanding team.
You will be expected to.
- Smoothly manage the delivery of hydromorphology and environmental assessment projects.
- Conduct field work, reporting and analysing results
- Liaise with clients, including site visits as required
- Mentor, support and guide Consultant and Senior grade scientists.
- Prepare tenders, including defining scope, costing and writing of technical sections.
The successful candidate will already be working as a Geomorphologist and have:
- MSc or above in Fluvial Geomorphology
- At least five years' relevant experience
- Experience of leading and designing river restoration schemes on a variety of river types
- Experience of undertaking field work, e.g., restoration appraisal, fluvial audits, physical habitat surveys, sediment sampling
- A knowledge ofUK legislation associated with water management
- Be able to work independently, as part of a team with good time management
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation who prides themselves on creating a diverse and inclusive team. There are excellent flexible working options available, to achieve work life balance. Many employees have worked on projects that have been of personal interest to them. They are committed to continuous development of employees to support your career. The benefits package includes private medical insurance for all employees, access to mental health first aiders and comprehensive income protection if you cannot work.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Justine at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.