Allen & York are currently working on behalf of one of the largest Civil and Environmental consultancy groups in the UK. We are searching for a specialist in the Geomorphology sector, to join one of the best private sector teams in the country. You will come from either a private or public sector role, and will have worked on river restoration projects for several years. We are ideally looking for somebody at Principal grade, but we would welcome applications from candidates either side of this level of experience.
- Project management and/or technical leadership of a wide variety of geomorphological studies with particular expertise in fluvial geomorphology and river restoration projects
- Assisting Project Managers/engineering colleagues on other projects
- Undertaking qualitative and semi-quantitative geomorphological analysis
- Preparing to be flexible and contribute to other work streams (e.g. hydraulic modelling and Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Quality Assurance on project deliverables
- Line management and mentoring of other specialists and technical development of less experienced colleagues in the team
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and support sales opportunities across the wider business.
- High quality in relevant subject
- Proven expertise in the field of fluvial geomorphology, including wide experience of a range of river types (including mobile gravel bedded channels) and strong analytical skills (e.g. application of stream power, shear stress, etc.)
- Chartered through a relevant Professional Institution
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Post Graduate qualification in a related subject
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APM or PRINCE2)
- Quantitative modelling skills and experience
- Experience of feasibility/options appraisal/design of river restoration
- Experience as an expert witness/preparation of evidence for expert witness/ Public Inquiries
- Knowledge/experience of coastal geomorphology
- GIS skills
- Experience of developing client relationships to open new business opportunities
- Experience of leading and winning new tender opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity for a consultant in this niche space to move into a new role with a top team. In return, you will get the chance to work on some of the most challenging and interesting projects in the space, inputting into large scale, nationally important environmental management schemes. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more details. 01202 888 986.