Principal / Associate Ecologist - up to £60k DOE
Corby or North Aston offices UK
Are you an experienced Ecologist looking for your next career challenge?
Our client has been a leading provider of Natural Environment solutions for over 40 years, working across a range of Environmental Disciplines, from Ecology and BNG through to Landscape design.
The Ecology department is the hub of the company, frequently collaborating with fellow departments such as arboriculture, forestry and garden and landscape design. With a focus on quality and technical excellence as well as an opportunity to make positive environmental change through this interdisciplinary approach, our ecology team has a varied and interesting client base. They are increasingly working with projects outside of
the development sphere, for example seeking new environmental opportunities via a restorative approach to land management. Through their wider company links with industry bodies, there are also opportunities to feed into changes at an even higher level.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Technical leadership of the company's ecology team across both offices.
- Project management including delegation, supervision and mentoring others within
- the ecology team.
- Supporting the ecology team by providing technical expertise or complex project
- Project liaison, including engagement with stakeholders and attending meetings.
- Provide sound technical advice to clients, including complex projects.
- Preparation of reports, including more technical aspects of planning work such as
- Ecological Impact Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments and protected
- species licencing.
- Sales generation and growing our customer base.
- Preparation and/or input into fee proposals, including more complex scopes of work
- for larger, multidisciplinary projects.
- Preparing and delivering team training as well as CPD to industry professionals. To deal with customers, colleagues, and visitors in a helpful and friendly way.
Why this role?
Our client offers a range of employee benefits, including an enhanced pension scheme, access to 3 discounted holiday houses across the UK, subscriptions to professional bodies, opportunities to participate in a range of committees and Smart Health which features a 24/7 virtual GP, mental health support and nutritionist and fitness advice.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.