Process & Manufacturing Business Manager £65k-£75k
Dorchester, Burton upon Trent, Bristol, Plymouth, Middlesbrough, Gloucester, Leatherhead, Glasgow, Harwell and Warrington.UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you looking to undertake challenging and interesting work that makes a difference in the wider world?
Our client assists organisations deliver innovative engineering and technical solutions to make lives safe, secure and affordable. They are currently seeking a Process & Manufacturing Business Manager to work within their Civil Government and Industry which offers the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects which you will be expected to bid for, win, work on and manage.
You may be expected to;
- Develop a long-term strategic plan for the sector.
- Be responsible and accountable for developing and delivering the in-year sector plan.
- Work collaboratively with other sector Business Managers within the Civil Government and Industry team, and the wider organisation.
- Identify, characterise, influence and capture opportunities for delivery by the business.
- lead the business development activities in the sector.
You will have skills, knowledge and experience in;
- An ability to quickly grasp and convey complex technical challenges, and to identify the mechanical, electrical, digital, modelling and advisory skills required to address those challenges.
- Ability to understand the client's requirements and turn them into winning proposals.
- Extensive range of contacts across the foundation, process and manufacturing industries, combined with a good understanding of how these sectors operate. A good network of contacts across the process industries (especially Chemicals) is a prerequisite for the role.
- Superb communication skills and customer relationship management experience, ideally including experience of business development in a consultancy environment.
- Ability to identify and develop new skills and services to bid and win major projects.
- Have a broad mix of strategy, business development and bid leadership skills.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for targeted professional development. And you will often be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients, will also form part of the role. With a competitive salary and benefits package, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals and work flexibly.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.