We are seeking a Resident Engineer ( Solid Waste Recycling experience ) in Malawi.
The Project is to Provide consultancy Services for Detailed Design and Construction Supervision of a Solid Waste Recycling Facility and Engineered Landfill in Blantyre City. Phase 2 of the consultancy services shall be 18 months construction supervision period and 12 months of defects liability supervision period. For phase 2, we're searching for a :
Resident Engineer with these qualifications :
- At least 15 years of general experience
- BSc (or higher) in Civil Engineering or similar technical education Plus MSc. Degree in Civil / Municipal/Environmental Engineering or its equivalent, including project management or contract management
- At least ten years experience in construction supervision, five years of which should be as a Resident Engineer in construction management and operation and maintenance of waste management infrastructure.
- Practical, hands-on experience in operating or managing solid waste facilities and other similar installations is highly desirable
- Should have fully completed (in all respects) at least two urban, comprehensive waste management projects as Resident Engineer involving planning, process design, detail engineering design, construction supervision, monitoring and commissioning
- The Resident Engineer should have demonstrable working experience on works
- Must be registered with a recognised Engineering Institution. Proficiency in listening and speaking English
- Demonstrable experience with FIDIC Conditions and projects funded by international financing institutions such as the World Bank
- Experience in the Region (East Africa)
The estimated input for the Resident Engineer is 18 months during the construction supervision period and three months during the defects liability supervision period. Local presence is required.
About us: Allen & York have matched purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world together.