Senior Architectural Historian
Texas, Oklahoma and Louisianna (Hybrid Working)
We have an opening for a Senior Architectural Historian to join one of the biggest Environmental Consultancies in the US, to work in close coordination with a diverse team of Historians and Senior Project Managers on a range of cultural resources documentation projects.
You'll be responsible for.
- Conducting and directing background research and built environment fieldwork
- Developing contextual analyses
- Making recommendations regarding eligibility under the National Register of Historic Places
- Overseeing the development of background studies, historic resources survey reports, historic context statements, and National Register eligibility evaluations
- Coordinating with other staff to ensure the quality of data, fieldwork, and documentation
- Contributing to or leading business development endeavours by preparing scopes of work, budgets, proposals, statements of qualifications, and presentations to clients, in collaboration with leadership
- Providing management support to field teams and subcontractors
- Managing and mentoring team members
- Additional duties which may include local and National Register of Historic Places nominations, preservation plans, historic structure reports, cultural resource education materials, Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record (HABS/HAER) documentation, planning and implementing of mitigation, and other types of special projects
The successful applicant will meet, at a minimum,
- The Secretary of the Interior's Qualifications Standards for history or architectural history
- Graduate degree in Historic Preservation,
- Public History, or closely related field
- 6 or more years professional experience
- Knowledge and experience working with Section 106 of National Historic Preservation Act
Why this role?
Join a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make a big impact. Great things happen when people with talent and determination come together to create what couldn't be done alone. They don't just know this-they live it-and they're looking for people like you who do the same.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let us help build a better world, together.