Senior Biodiversity Net Gain Consultant
Nottingham, Hybrid working
Are you passionate about the environment and influencing the sustainable design of development, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Senior Biodiversity Net Gain Consultant to join a dynamic and forward-thinking Central Ecology Team, based in Nottingham, Chesterfield or Birmingham. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Consultant, you'll have knowledge and experience in blue and green infrastructure (GI), biodiversity net gain (BNG), ecosystem services and natural capital, especially in relation to land-use and planning in the UK for infrastructure and other development projects.
You'll be highly motivated, organised, and proactive, with experience across a broad range of projects. In the role, you'll have the opportunity to lead on high-profile, challenging and innovative projects and support the future growth of blue and green infrastructure and biodiversity net gain services.
We are looking for the following requirements;
- Thorough knowledge of UK planning system, relevant policy and legislation
- Technical proficiency - evidenced by biodiversity inputs to assessments and reports, and delivery of projects to high standard, on time and within budgets
- Strong experience of working on multidisciplinary schemes
- Familiarity with project management procedures and protocols, including experience with quality assurance, the checking and approval of proposals, and reports.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and techniques to provide advice and engage clients, project teams and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage own time, prioritise competing deadlines
- Experience of:
- Line management and mentoring junior staff
- Technical leadership of teams on major projects
- Electronic data capture, analysis and presentation
- Working in an environmental job role in the public or private sector
- Providing advice on benefits and importance of biodiversity, green infrastructure, natural capital and ecosystem services
- Inputting to assessments or design on infrastructure projects to deliver good environmental outcomes
- Ideally, also experience of client liaison and work winning
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.