About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Senior Civil Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Chartered or near Chartered Senior Civil Engineer to work in our clients civil engineering team in Manchester. The role involves the delivery of high quality infrastructure designs (roads and drainage) associated with building and public realm works projects. The Manchester civil engineering team work collaboratively on challenging, high profile projects with both internal and external architects, engineers and designers across the North. Their projects include the provision of civil engineering designs associated with building developments and public realm projects, from the early master planning stage through to delivery of solutions on site, highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering master planning including flood risk. This role represents a key position within the civil engineering team, with the successful candidate assisting in the development and growth of the team.
About the role
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
* Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
* Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
* Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
* Support in the management and development of team members
* Development of client relationships
You will have proven experience in a similar design consultancy, with demonstrable knowledge of varied infrastructure design skills (drainage and public realm). Excellent technical aptitude is essential, experience of working within a BIM environment and on site is desirable. You have diverse and in depth knowledge of sustainable drainage design which supplemented with use of various civil engineering software.
You will have relevant experience and good knowledge of the following areas of civil engineering design:
* Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
* Highway and pavement design associated with building projects
* Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 and 104 agreements
* Ground modelling * Masterplanning * Assessment and management of flood risk, and reducing flood risk
* Report writing You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards, and will confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation. You will have strong practical knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and used Civil 3D for ground modelling, road and drainage design.
Your personal skills * Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality * Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail * The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure * Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques * Be commercially aware * Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines * Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
For more details please contact Michelle firstname.lastname@example.org