Senior Civil Engineer Transport & Infrastructure Design
...is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. Here you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you'll be doing
Looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in the Transport & Infrastructure Group. The role will be working with the Civil Engineering Design Development team in the Birmingham office.
- Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will be undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
- The team delivers a wide variety of consultancy services to a large client base, both local and national. The Transport & Infrastructure Design Service are responsible for providing a number of engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of client's project, from inception through to commissioning.
- A Senior Engineer is expected to maintain good relationships with existing Clients and actively promoting the capability of the Company to potential new Clients.
- A Senior Engineer is required to lead small teams with delegated authority and support identified by the Team Leader.
- A role is required to work independently as necessary and also to be able to work collaboratively as a team.
- To take a leading role in their own development and learning as well as actively supporting the development of other team members.
- Lead by example, by demonstrating diligence and professionalism in day to day activities and by taking responsibility for contributing to the growth of the team's knowledge base. A Senior Engineer will be expected to support the Team Leader in ensuring the team comply with Company procedures and with health & safety and environmental regulations.
What you'll bring
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- You will have a keen interest in developing your understanding and ability in civil engineering design and a willingness to research and take on new challenges.
- You will be able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop members of the team.
- You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion.
- You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
- You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry - our clients include developers, local authorities and contractors, all of whom have different expectations and requirements from you and the projects you will work on.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role other team members.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
For more details please contact Michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07793 363603