Our client is a niche environmental consultancy specialising in the compilation, reporting, and review of air pollutant and greenhouse gas emission inventories, emission projections and policies and measures for specific sectors, cities, regions and countries. They have built a strong reputation with customers and collaborators around the world by delivering innovation and technical excellence.
They specialise in climate change data collection, data processing and analysis and the development of databases, portals and transparent reporting systems and supporting the development and assessment of climate strategies, policies and action plans.
As a result of the growth of their international climate change business, they are offering the opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join their team, in a full-time position.
The successful candidate will work with the company Directors and Business Area Leads to support new business development and to deliver across their portfolio of international projects. By working closely with in-country teams, supporting the development of greenhouse gas inventories and MRV systems, through capacity building and training, there is the opportunity in many countries to really make a difference. The role offers excellent career development opportunities to lead projects, broaden and expand their customer base, develop innovative customer-focussed products and services.
Required Experience and Skills
- Educated to at least degree level in a scientific subject (Masters preferred)
- Typically 5+ years' experience in the climate change and/or air quality technical areas with a track record of working with GHG and/or air pollutant data
- Previous experience of working in an environmental consulting environment, preferably including international experience
- Previous experience working in Public Sector environment within the UK and Internationally
- Experience in the successful delivery of capacity building and training
- Experience of economic assessment of policies and / or cost benefit analysis preferred
- Experience of working within different cultural environments and a willingness to travel overseas once COVID-19 restrictions allow
- Commercial skills gained through winning new projects and client engagement
- Excellent communication, customer facing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Self-motivated and with a thorough attention to detail
- A strong track record of project management and delivery including written reports, provision of datasets and delivery of presentations
- Fluent English is essential, proficiency in Spanish or French language would be advantageous.
Our Client offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package including:
- Salary £32,000 - £42,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Annual leave, 32 days (bank holidays included)
- Environmental leave: Up to three days/year volunteering for environmental good causes
- Low carbon travel scheme: Financial incentives for selecting low carbon travel
- Flexible location with regular visits to the Oxford office.
- Flexibility around normal working hours
To apply for this position, please contact Michelle on 07793 363603 or email @ email@example.com