Our Client is a leading Ecological consultancy in Hampshire, they have a team of Highly skilled Ecologists working on a range of projects nationwide.
Due to an increasing pipeline of work, they are looking to hire a Senior Ecologist with project management experience. Does this sound like you?
- That technical content is based on current guidelines and the latest advice / government policy / local policy / legislation.
- Manage projects, particularly those associated with large scale or complex sites, with occasional support or guidance from Principal Ecologists.
- All project work must be carried out in accordance with operational procedures, professional standards and best practice.
- Projects should be completed to a high standard and within budget.
- Undertake ecological surveys for a variety of species and species groups. This will involve both undertaking surveys alone and leading survey teams.
- Collection of high quality and accurate survey data which follows both industry guidelines and Company survey procedures.
- Moderate to high degree of technical knowledge of species and habitat identification and evaluation
- Preparation of reports including PEAs, EcIAs, EMPs, BMAs and EPSM licence applications. Preparation of Ecology Ecological Statement (ES) chapters for less complex sites. Reports including a range of site, including large or complex projects.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- CIEEM membership.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with in an Ecological consultancy.
- Hold at least 2 Natural England protected species class licences or be progressing towards apply for such a licence.
- Experienced in ecological project management.
- Experienced in ecological survey and assessment techniques.
Why this role?
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- A generous structured training budget and regular in-house training.
- Flexible hours over the summer months with the opportunity to accrue either TOIL or paid overtime.
- Increased hourly rates for undertaking dusk and dawn bat surveys.
- Access to a contributory pension.
- Flexibility to work from home with prior agreement.
- Company laptop.
- CIEEM membership and protected species licence fees paid for by the company.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.