Senior/Principal Climate Change Consultant £32000-£42000
Do you have experience as a Climate Change Consultant and are based in London/Bristol?
Our client provides environmental solutions for their clients by working with their architects and engineers to support the development of proposals that have environmental design measures fully embedded within them and they are looking for a Senior/Principal Climate Change Consultant to support external clients in the transition towards to Net Zero and low carbon economies. They also develop GHG inventories and produce GHG and climate change assessments for EIA and planning and advise on setting emission reduction targets.
- An understanding of UK and international climate legislation and policy drivers
- Understanding and experience of climate projections such as UKCP18
- Experience of developing GHG inventories and considering climate change impacts including lifecycle, production, and consumption-based foot printing methodologies
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Experience in the technical management of large and complex climate change assessments
- Track-record in the governmental or consultancy sectors
- Detailed knowledge of the linkages between energy and climate change
- Knowledge and experience in climate risks, mitigation and adaptation
- Sector-specific experience (i.e. aviation)
- Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
- Experience in sustainable design
- Knowledge of the ESG reporting, including an understanding of the TCFD recommendations
- Experience of corporate GHG foot printing and reporting
- Understanding of impact assessment approaches and techniques including water risk, climate change, biodiversity
- Experience integrating inputs from diverse disciplines
- Published work in the climate change field.
- Relevant A-Levels or equivalent
- BSc or higher in an appropriate science-based discipline
- Membership of relevant professional institutions
Why this role?
Our client is a growing Group of companies that wants to do things differently, with an exciting future that will help you shape and realise your ambitions. You will have a great opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated team and be able to develop your career as the company grows. They will ensure we can support our employees through offering wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals. These include flexible working, trained mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance programme.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.