Senior Social Value Consultant
Our client is a family of brands that create disruptive new ways of working - from software and consultancy to educational tools and future initiatives. Their mission is to use social value, technology and innovative thinking to bring a better, faster, greener approach to core markets.
Those consultancy services include procurement support, social value analysis and reports, public sector business case development (SOC, OBC and FBC) and social value strategy/policy development - as well as innovative and award-winning research projects and tools. They have a diverse client base from a range of industries, including construction, retail, finance, professional services, infrastructure, the public sector and third sector organisations.
Social value is a growth area, and our client is a growing business.
They are looking for a Senior Social Value Consultant to help them continue to deliver exceptional and pioneering work. This is an exciting opportunity for consultants who have a keen interest in social valuation and sustainability. Leading the delivery of internal and external consulting and research projects will be a key part of this role. You'll use your strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills to deliver a range of services. Alongside this, you will work cross-enterprise and liaise with different teams to support the Group brands and embed social value throughout our businesses and services.
- Lead the delivery of consultancy projects for a range of clients across the public, private and third sectors - ranging from procurement and strategy support to social value calculations and business case development.
- Manage engagements with clients at all levels, and other stakeholders.
- Research and develop robust social, environmental and economic metrics and valuations for use in client projects and the Group's software and tools.
- Stay close to the key government/industry thinking and policies and help with thought leadership and internal/external communications.
- Work closely with the development team and others to realise projects which intersect with consultancy and support the embedding of social value across the Group.
- Help develop and evolve our team to stay at the cutting edge of social value.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonable to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and aptitudes of the job holder.
- This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
Special working conditions
- Occasional travel within the UK will be required.
- Normal office hours are 8.30-5.30 pm Monday-Friday, with a 1-hour break for lunch and flexibility around core hours.
- A strong interest in social value and making a difference for people and the environment.
- Extensive experience working in social value or sustainability.
- Management/strategy/sustainability consultancy experience.
- Experience leading client engagements and managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- An ability to work under minimal supervision to deliver high quality, engaging and client focused outputs.
- Strong project management skills, commercial awareness, and the ability to support and direct junior team members.
- Excellent analytical skills and a 'quant' mindset, with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentational skills.
- An ability to adapt effectively to unfamiliar situations and challenges.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A proactive team player who is willing to support across the board and is keen to learn.
- An economics or sustainability academic background.
- An understanding of the methodologies and approaches regarding social value calculations.
- An understanding of the social value legislative and policy landscape.
- Experience developing social value strategies/policies or working on public sector business cases.
- Experience measuring and monetising social value.
- Financial modelling and data analysis skills.
- Research and report writing skills.
- Experience working alongside software development teams.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including a bonus scheme), commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The opportunity to join the Group's Long Term Incentive and Retention Plan.
- Private medical and life insurance.
- Matched contributory pension.
- Funding and study leave available for relevant and approved training.
- Flexible working.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday.
- A growing business with great potential for accelerated career progression.