About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Social Value Engagement Lead
Our client is a group of businesses that create disruptive new ways of working - in evaluation, procurement, management and learning. Its mission is to use social value, technology and innovative thinking to bring a better, faster, greener approach to our core markets.
One of those businesses is one of the UK's leading social value consultancy and software services. Founded in response to the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 and has developed a market leading platform for measuring and monitoring social, environmental and economic impacts, which can be monetised to understand the value they create across a project or organisation. It is underpinned by the National Social Value Standard measurement framework. The framework and software are used by organisations across the private, public, and third sectors.
What they are looking for?
Social value is a growth area, and they are a growing business. This means building a dynamic team where we celebrate diversity and bold thinking alongside attention to detail and robust analysis.
They are looking for a Social Value Engagement Lead to spearhead their public engagement around both their offerings and the social value space in general.
You will need to have very strong communication and presentation skills, and balance that with analytical understanding and a passion for the topic.
You will develop a deep understanding of what social value is, the industry trends and big picture, how social value sits within procurement and other areas, how monetisation work, and our framework and offerings. Being able to jump between topics and have public discussions on all areas. You may have some of this knowledge already, but even if you don't then we can support you in developing it.
If you want to have a positive personal impact and work on interesting topics, all whilst getting the opportunity to make your mark and quickly progress your skills and career, then this is the job for you.
We would expect the successful candidate for this role to have the following experiences/ key attributes:
- A real interest in social value/sustainability and making a difference for people and the planet.
- Excellent written, communication and presentational skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- An ability to adapt effectively to unfamiliar situations and challenges.
- A proactive team player who is willing to support across the board and is keen to learn.
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- The ability to make compelling and slick PowerPoint slide decks.
- The willingness to travel around the UK, and potentially abroad, to attend conferences and other meetings.
- A relevant academic background, for example in economics, sustainability or management.
- Relevant work experience, for example in social value, sustainability or management consulting.
- An existing understanding of the technical aspects of social value, for example the monetisation methodologies or how social value is embedded in procurement processes.
- An existing understanding of the social value legislative and policy landscape.
- Developing a deep understanding of social value - by staying close to the latest government and industry thinking, and also getting to grips with the technical inner-workings.
- Leading stakeholder engagement on social value in general, which could involve:
- Speaking at conferences and on panels.
- Running webinars.
- Leading workshops.
- Joining other meetings and calls with important stakeholders.
- Writing articles, blogs and thought leadership pieces.
- Delivering social value 101 training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Staying close to the latest government/industry thinking and policies.
- Helping develop and evolve the team to stay at the cutting edge of social value.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Private medical insurance.
- 25 days holiday, 1 day holiday for your birthday, and time off between Christmas and New Years.
- Flexible working.
- Study package and development plan to be agreed.
For more information please contact Michelle: email@example.com