Technical Director-Ecology £65k-£85k
Are you a high level Ecologist with experience managing a team?
Our client is looking to add a Technical Director into their Senior management structure to coordinate the overall management and delivery of the Ecology team. They work with some of the most successful renewable developers in the UK as well as statutory bodies such as the Crown Estate.
The overall purpose of the role will be to manage, develop and direct our Ecology and Terrestrial Ornithology teams to successfully deliver projects that have important environmental benefits - such as renewables, natural capital, and grid projects. This will include:
- Manage project risks, opportunities, benefits and value. This will involve proactive team management - including assisting with the completion of monthly risk register reviews and ensuring actions are followed up on.
- Helping to build the ecology and terrestrial ornithology teams by training and mentoring team members to allow them to develop in their roles and progress in their careers.
- Liaise with clients as necessary to discuss performance on current projects and upcoming projects.
- Liaising with stakeholders/consultees.
- Support business development and tenders for new projects
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Experienced team leader and manager with a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Strong experience and understanding of the environmental planning system (England or Scotland) in relation to the production of ecological and or Ornithological impact assessments.
- Strong experience and understanding of the European Birds and Habitats Directives and methods for assessments with regards to European Designated sites.
- An understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Comprehensive experience of project management and managing a diverse workload.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports and deliver them to clients on time and to budget.
Why this role?
Our Client is currently taking the next steps in their growth by appointing a senior management team of Technical Directors so it's an exciting time to be joining their respected and talented team within the green energy sector, which has an important role to play in combating the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis
They offer a small, friendly, family-owned environmental consultancy alternative. Their team consists of 36 talented folks. They are small enough to know everyone's names, and to hear everyone's ideas but big enough to work on meaningful projects, with some of the best clients in the renewables, grid and environmental sector. They have a strong presence in the renewables sector, both with onshore and offshore wind - and hold an estimated 20% of the market share of projects.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.