Wind Resource and Energy Yield Engineer £44k-£54k, Bristol, Glasgow or Leatherhead (Hybrid Working)
Do you want to make an impact on the world and learn from some of the best minds in the renewables industry?
Our client is an industry leader and support their clients from detailed design all the way through to project execution, helping to identify, develop and operate renewables projects. They have particular expertise in delivering market leading research such as Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) and Floating Wind JIP.
- Deliver an extensive portfolio of wind projects and further develop and services within the sector.
- Support developers in resource and yield assessment and layout optimisation to support site selection, bids for leasing and for contracts for difference.
- Support wind farm operators in conducting operational assessments of existing assets to reconcile difference between actual and forecast performance.
- Conduct wind turbine modelling, technical assessments and assessing project level risks for an offshore wind farm across various project stages.
We are looking for people who:
- Demonstrable experience of conducting wind resource and energy yield assessments in a consultancy or developer organisation. This could be derived from some or all onshore, offshore and floating wind developments.
- A thorough understanding of the WRA and EYA processes including the methods used to collect and quality check wind resource data, correlate measurements with long term data sets, conduct flow modelling and quantify system losses and uncertainties.
- A degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- The ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams within organisations.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for targeted professional development. And you will often be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients, will also form part of the role. With a competitive salary and benefits package, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals and work flexibly.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.