Aquatic Ecology Manager £40k-£50k plus company car or car allowance
Homebased-Southern England ideally within 3hrs commute of Wokingham. (inc Midlands, EAnglia, SWest, SEast, SWales)
Our client helps both public and private sector businesses understand and manage their environmental risks, reducing the impact to the environment, their operation and their reputation. Our client focuses on consulting, preventing and responding to environmental risks. The purpose of the role is to is to lead and help deliver the Aquatic Ecology service to existing and new projects whilst providing guidance to more junior members of staff.
- You will be leading a team of aquatic ecologists to support and deliver the clients aquatic ecology consultancy offering.
- You will use your technical expertise to support more junior members of the aquatic team.
- Prepare and review technical reports.
- You will be liaising with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of the Water & Ecology Department growth plan through sales and marketing activities.
- Help ensure that the Water & Ecology divisional KPI's are met.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Previous knowledge & experience of aquatic ecology gained within a consultancy is essential.
- 6 years or more experience in technical discipline of ecology
- BSc in a relevant subject.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and capability in aspects of freshwater aquatic ecological monitoring and a sound understanding of terrestrial ecology.
- Experienced at writing & reviewing technical reports.
- Experienced at preparing tender submissions a client fee proposal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels.
- Understanding and knowledge of health and safety at work
Why this role?
Our client is an indispensable consultancy, a trusted source of valuable information and strategic partner for hundreds of SMEs and larger organisations. Every offer aligns with their five core values - Service, Safety, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise.
They are fully ISO compliant, they also have excellent working relationships with the Environment Agency, Marine and Coastguard Agency, Defra, SEPA, the other regulatory and inspection bodies, government agencies and insurers - all of whom have accredited them in every relevant discipline and employ their services.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.