Associate Director-Environmental Scientist
Redhill, Chester and Bradford-on-Avon (Hybrid)
My client is recruiting an Associate Director Environmental Scientist to support their growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Services team. You will be working on an interesting and varied portfolio of work including flood, coastal and maritime projects for our clients such as the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales and local authorities and a range of other sectors such as ports, water utilities, transport and renewable power.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Managing and reviewing all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) including SEA, feasibility, screening/scoping, and Environmental Statement chapters on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure.
- Ideally to provide technical guidance in a specialist area (s).
- Guiding project delivery to take the opportunities of environmental best practice and avoiding risks.
- Advising and managing consenting applications such as planning, Development Consent Orders, HRA, WFD, and Environmental Permits
- Promoting sustainable solutions and design
- Liaising with project teams, internal professionals, clients, stakeholders and the public
- Supporting business development and tenders
- Providing a mentoring/supervisory role to more junior members of our team.
- An environmental related degree
- Chartered (or close to applying) with a relevant institute and/or be a Registered EIA Practitioner with IEMA
- A sound understanding of EIA, sustainability and consenting
- Understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good people skills and ideally previous management/supervisory experience
- Understanding of commercial drivers of consultancy and ability to manage and work to programme and budget
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Previous consultancy experience
Why this role?
Our Client develops intelligent solutions using their award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since their foundation over 100 years ago. They create new possibilities for humanity through their innovative approach to delivery.
Together with their clients, they are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Their business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.