Basingstoke, Hybrid working
Are you an Experienced Ecologist looking to further your career within an established and successful business that has welfare and wellbeing as core values, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for an Associate Ecologist to join dynamic and forward-thinking ecology team based in Basingstoke, where you will be given the platform to develop new skills and achieve your goals. If this sounds like you, read on!
As an Associate Ecologist, you'll be reliable, hard-working, organised and pro-active, to help you manage a busy workload. You'll have specialist knowledge developed over the course of your career, and experience of a wide range of projects. You'll have experience of delivering major projects, good project management skills and report-writing skills, and experience of line-managing individuals.
Within the team you will enjoy the benefits and security of a large corporation, but also work as a small close-knit ecology consultancy that understands the importance of welfare and wellbeing. There are mentors for staff at all levels who provide support at a personal level and guide the development of skills and experience. There is a programme of internal training courses and a generous budget for external training aligned to your professional development goals. They also promote a healthy work-life balance and encourage agile-working, with a flexible home-office location within the team if you are willing to travel.
We are looking for the following requirements;
- Excellent knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and policy, as well as Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Holder of relevant protected species survey licences;
- Experience of protected species mitigation licensing;
- Technical and professional proficiency with a demonstrable history of delivering ecology projects to a high standard, on time and within budgets;
- Strong project management skills and experience (including technical, financial and quality aspects);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in particular the ability to write concise technical reports;
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and clients, as well as to manage own time;
- Experience in line management as well as technical leadership of teams of ecologists on major projects;
- Electronic data capture, analysis and presentation;
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work (as all roles are likely to involve occasional longer/and or unsociable hours)
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.