Climate Change Consultant UK
£45,000 - £55,000 / London UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you a carbon professional with a proven track record of developing carbon reduction strategies, ideally within the resources sectors, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Climate Change Consultant who is looking to make a difference and advise clients around systematically reducing their carbon intensity of operations, which will involve collaborating and coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders nationally and internationally. If this sounds like you, read on!
You'll be expected to.
- Develop Corporate Sustainability and Climate Change services.
- Conduct Climate Change projection/modelling (using available climate data).
- Develop climate risk management and mitigation strategies, including Science based targets and TCFD aligned reporting and guidance.
- Carry out GHG emissions calculations on behalf of clients.
- Deliver multiple project tasks or components, including proposals.
- Advise clients and find solutions for their ESG and climate change related challenges.
- Identify and track ESG and Climate Change trends, best practices, frameworks and standards and communicate those relevant to internal and external stakeholders and use information to develop new services and client offers.
- Form and maintain a network of relationships to support climate change efforts.
- Network and grow strong relationships with clients and other partners in the market.
You will have.
- Five to Seven years relevant experience in Climate Change or Sustainability advisory or similar.
- Carbon management and strategy experience.
- Experience undertaking GHG accounting, including GHG Protocol and Carbon Reporting.
- Scope 1, 2 & 3 GHG Accounting+ Reporting.
- Experience of target setting approaches and best practice, including development and lodging of science-based targets initiatives.
- An understanding of net-zero approaches for companies, including approach to residual emissions and offsetting.
- Working familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD including supporting organisations in their response
- Experience delivering assurance/ verification of environmental information and reporting
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.