An exciting new position has arisen for an experienced Consultant within the Chemical team. You will be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team with ample opportunity to help steer the future direction of work at a national and international level, while contributing to a positive impact on society.
My client has pushed forward the boundaries across a range of different fields involving the need to combine chemicals science (chemistry, toxicology, risk assessment) with economics and other social research tools. This is true of the public sector work in chemicals policy, which has often been used as an example of best practice, as well as the work for the private sector on regulatory compliance with chemicals legislation. As a result, past clients include Defra, the Environment Agency, European Competent Authorities, the European Commission, ECHA, OECD, industry associations and private companies in the chemicals, pharma, biocidal products and plant protection products sectors. It also includes private sector companies in downstream chemical using sectors, for example the aerospace and defence sectors.
In addition to your chemistry knowledge, you will need to be a person who is methodical and analytical, has a focus on quality and is prepared to tackle a broad range of topics with enthusiasm.
As a Consultant your key responsibilities will:
- Support clients with their REACH strategy and compliance requirements, with a focus on authorisation processes
- Support UK REACH activities for clients
- Support client's chemical strategy for sustainability
- Support business strategy for chemical sustainability and business development
- Manage projects for public and private clients
Key requirements that you will have:
- 3+ years' success in a consultancy environment or similar
- Detailed knowledge / experience of chemicals regulation and legislation including REACH and CLP
- A track record of listening to clients' needs and developing tenders that respond to these
- Effective project management skills that you can demonstrate from leading relevant projects for public and private sector clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and proven ability to deliver consultancy reports to authorities and private clients
- Effective team working skills
- The ability to deliver quality outcomes to tight timelines while working on multiple projects.
- A degree in chemistry, toxicology, environmental sciences, material science or similar
- Experience of applying research methods drawing on both quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Experience in designing data collection strategies and in undertaking interviews or consultation as part of data collection
- Knowledge about the EU Better Regulation Guidelines or UK Green / Magenta book
- Experience in presenting papers at conferences, as well as developing and leading workshops
- Ability to create innovative methodologies to meet clients' needs
- Leadership & people management experience
- One or more EU languages besides English.
This is a great chance to join an employee owned business with an ambitious growth strategy. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org