Environmental Services Manager
London and Johannesburg (Hybrid Working)
Do you have experience managing and developing a global team of environmental project managers and administrators, delivering high quality services to clients and stakeholders? If this sounds like you, read on!
We have an exciting opening to join a fast growing Environmental and Sustainability Consultant, working on global projects across resources, energy, agriculture and infrastructure.
You will be expected to.
- Effectively project manage the environmental legislative processes and Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs) applicable to the relevant country.
- Ensure the environmental team maintains a high-quality standard in the services provided and, in the deliverables, produced.
- Continuously improve and develop the services offered within the department.
- Manage the Recruitment and Selection process for the department in line with your workforce plan.
- Manage financial expenditure for the department against the budget.
- Develop a business plan for the department which includes services and selling opportunities.
- Act as a key account manager where required, identifying business opportunities and ensure that a client centric approach is always maintained.
- Identify leads within the department and organise, plan and track proposals in response.
You will have skills and experience in.
- Post graduate degree in Environmental Management or similar.
- Project Management Certificate would be beneficial.
- Five or more years' experience in the relevant field, preferably within the consulting environment would be beneficial.
- At least five years conducting specialist studies.
- At least five years working in the resources industry.
- Two or more years' experience managing a small team would be beneficial.
- Two or more years' experience project managing
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.