Flood Risk Consultant / Senior Flood Risk Consultant
Our client provides a range of environmental disciplines without incurring the high costs of employing one of the major consultancies. Their clients include developers, planning consultants, architects and consulting engineers as well as working with government bodies, regulators, commercial businesses and other environmental consultancies. They are able to provide environmental planning support across the full spectrum of development sizes, from the conversion of an agricultural barn for residential use to the development of a new settlement of 6,500 new houses.
Our clients core aim is to develop long-term working relationships with their clientele by providing a high quality, responsive and reliable service.
Due to expanding workload an opportunity has arisen for a Flood Risk Consultant / Senior Flood Risk Consultant to join them working across multi discipline projects and a broad range of sectors. Our client offers fantastic and clearly outlined, structured career progression with the flexibility of remote working.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Flood Risk Assessments.
- Conceptual Drainage Strategies.
- Flood Risk Screening Appraisals.
- Flood Risk Activity Permitting.
- Land Drainage Consents.
- Environmental Impact Assessment Screening & Scoping.
- Water Quality and Hydrology Impact Assessments.
- Phase 1 Land Contamination Desk Studies.
- Environmental Risk Assessments.
- Water Quality Monitoring & Modelling.
- Nutrient Neutrality Assessments.
- Environmental Permitting.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of completing Flood Risk Assessment and/or surface water drainage strategies.
- Good understanding of planning policy and Environment Agency guidance.
- Ability to interpret flood data and model outputs, including the use of GIS. Understanding and co-ordination of hydraulic modelling. Any direct hydraulic modelling experience would also be beneficial.
- Technical report writing and at least some experience of project management including liaising with clients, the EA and LLFA.
- Experience working in consultancy (or similar industry) with some working from home aspect.
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills.
- Experience of working on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Good report writing skills.
Why this role?
Our client offers full remote working with great career development opportunities. Clear, Outlined and structured career progression / development. Support and guidance from senior team to allow progression into a more senior / managerial position in the future as the business grows.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.