The Ground Engineering team at Allen & York are pleased to be supporting the continual growth of one of the UK's leading contaminated land and ground investigation teams. This team has unrivalled access to major infrastructure projects, global oil and gas clients, the nuclear industry, fortune 500 corporations, regulatory bodies and government agencies. If you're bored or working on single plot residential developments, then this role will give you the opportunity to break into a new portfolio of projects.
The team is the UK's largest, and the Birmingham team have a fantastic track record of successfully delivering contaminated assessment and complex in situ remediation projects. The team is looking to bring on board a dynamic consultant to add to their delivery capability.
You will work within this multidiscipline team, providing project management and technical input into their extensive project list. The role is site and office based, and you will be able to plan and manage fieldwork and contractors, obtain and interpret data, and author relevant reports.
Further responsibilities include:
- Working in a safe manner throughout the life of a project.
- Working within a team, undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing.
- Co-ordinating field-based subcontractors and supervising ground investigation works including the management of site H&S and the oversight of contractors.
- Collection of soil, groundwater and gas samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK.
- Completion of borehole logs for utilisation in site review and reporting.
- Compilation and interpretation of field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
Following on from your BSc/MSc, you will have developed the following skills in the last 2 to 3 years:
- Good understanding of contaminated land assessment with experience collecting soil and groundwater data and samples, supervising subcontractors in intrusive ground investigations.
- Experienced with the development and assessment of a CSM.
- Risk assessment experience desirable
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations and site management.
- SMSTS a preference.
This is an outstanding chance to join one of the UK's most forward thinking teams in this market. Further benefits include the ability to work flexibly as needed. Contact Tom Herbert for more details: 01202 888986