This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing department at the UK's largest producer responsibility scheme. Our client is recruiting for a Junior Consultant to help deliver projects to new and existing clients and develop new opportunities for the team and the wider business. The Junior Consultant will play a key role overseeing the identification, preparation of proposals and delivery of bespoke consulting projects for a variety of clients and identifying opportunities for our client to use their skills, data, expertise and system in new projects.
Our client's suite of reports provide the primary baseline for packaging that is both placed on the market and recycled and are adapted and supplemented to developed unique insight to specific quires for Governments, NGO, representative bodies, and obligated businesses.
To identify opportunities and prepare and present submissions and proposals to win business
* Development of response to incoming queries.
* Reactive development of leads and opportunities
* Supporting the sales team in response to identified leads and opportunities, or where appropriate leading the response
* Identifying additional opportunities to deliver services to potential clients
* Develop partnerships with existing or new subcontractors Project Delivery
* Working with a small team of consultants and researchers, both as support and project manager.
* Collection, measurement, and analysis of data
* Working closely with project stakeholders
* Ensuring projects are managed in a timely and accurate manner
* Working with partner consultants where required
* Identifying additional opportunities relating to existing clients Engagement and Reporting
* Reporting results to clients using:
o Formal written reporting (Word) o Powerpoint o Excel o Other appropriate reporting tools including client templates
Project delivery * Developing corporate environmental policy, such as ESG reporting, net zero and SDG Goals for clients
* Modelling economic and environmental impacts (e.g. CBA, LCA)
* Grouping, scoping and analysis of data using excel
* Identifying and requesting data from third parties
* Submitting accurate and timely data to relevant parties * Ensuring accuracy and consistency of data Account Management
* Managing appropriate projects and being the first point of contact for clients within the department
* A strong environmental background
Experience within an appropriate environmental consultancy delivering projects into corporate clients and/or Government departments or other NGOs, or o Experience of working in a corporate setting, delivering projects around corporate environmental policy, such as ESG reporting, net zero and SDG Goals and/or packaging development or policy, or o Experience of working in a Government or NGO setting, delivering projects using environmental data or insight to inform policy
* Knowledge of industry standards relating to Carbon and Environmental Reporting and assessment (such as LCA)
* Understanding of how to measure the impact on the environment of businesses, products, and services
* Understanding of the environmental regulations, including producer responsibility, and associated data requirements placed on obligated businesses * Microsoft Excel skills * Problem-solving skills * Communication skills * Ability to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines * High level of professionalism * Ability to work both within a team and independently Experience, skills (desirable) * Experience of delivering consultancy projects * Expertise in economic principles and economic modelling * Detailed understanding of the producer responsibility compliance landscape
* Educated to Degree level, ideally in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent experience
For more details please contact Michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org