Environmental Project Manager, Managing Consultant-£Competitive
Are you an experienced EIA project manager looking for your next move? We are looking for someone with experience in leading EIA project through the planning and consents process.
Our client is a world leading advisory firm focused solely on sustainability. With a global team of experts, they world with world leading organisations to operationalise sustainability at pace and scale.
- Lead, manage and deliver environmental technical inputs into projects;
- Preparation of EIA screening and scoping reports, production of environmental constraints studies and environmental management plans, and leading on Environmental Statements;
- Improving environmental performance and developing impact assessments for a diverse range of clients;
- Project management including tracking project deliverables and progressing them in accordance with scope, programme and budget;
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Be educated to degree or postgraduate level in an environmental discipline.
- Possess relevant experience in either a consulting environment, regulatory sector or industry.
- Be experienced in working on projects within Scotland (essential).
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the environmental impact assessment process, including applicable regulations.
- Have experience in drafting of screening and scoping reports, technical reports, environmental assessment chapters - with proven experience in reviewing the work of others to ensure quality deliverables.
- Possess practical working knowledge of the UK planning system and consenting processes, and wider environmental legislation context.
- Ideally be chartered or working towards or with chartered status (e.g., IEMA);
- Have experience in conducting or managing stakeholder and regulator meetings and preparing materials to support consultation.
- Have project and programme management experience management experience including change management and resource management planning, with experience of leading and managing project teams and staff; and,
- Have a track record in the consenting of projects including experience in consulting with planning authorities, regulators, and stakeholders.
Why this role?
The client cares about their people, their safety and career development as well as their wellbeing. They offer all their employees a diverse and inclusive culture in which difference is embraced, valued and celebrated. They offer a flexible working environment to accommodate personal needs including hybrid / home working. Our people are respectful and open-minded and enjoy collaboration with colleagues across services lines and geographies.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.