The Company - Allen & York are a leading and long-established Search & Recruitment consultancy. We are also a purposeful organisation with a passion for Sustainability, ESG and Health & Safety.
We are proud to have worked with both national and international organisations for over 30 years to help them secure the very best talent. As you might imagine our accumulated experience and networks are now quite considerable.
Our Health & Safety Practice is one of several well-established specialist teams who particularly work with a corporate client across a diverse range of industry sectors. Recent successes from this team include; Global Director Safety, Health & Safety Manager, UK Safety Director and EHS Manager (Rail).
Even after 30 years of being in business we are still ambitious and thrive on evolving. We see considerable scope for growth. The appointment of our New Business & Research Executive (NBRE) to our Dorset HQ will have an important part to play in this growth.
The Role - As a NBRE you will have the exciting opportunity and challenge of helping the H&S Practice to source and drive in new business from around the UK and Globally. You will be expected to research and approach both identified target markets and opportunities as well as using your own initiative to find additional new sources of business. You will be expected to deploy a range of new business generating techniques to achieve this.
You will also have the opportunity to support Directors on projects - perhaps some that you have helped find and win by sourcing candidates and head-hunting talent.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your commercial and recruitment skills and experience and to work in an entrepreneurial and consultative culture.
We will offer extensive training and support, so this role comes with excellent career progression and prospects and is a structured route forward to become a recruitment & search consultant if desired.
Your Attributes to be a success
We believe that if you are well organised, motivated and positive you are more likely to succeed. If you enjoy networking and engaging with people via multiple communication channels you are even more likely to enjoy this role.
Researching and hunting down new business isn't easy so you will need to be innovative and tenacious.
Completing on a challenging project for a demanding client organisation to help them find the very best talent and to do so often under tight time pressures isn't easy either. So you will need to relish pressure and be resilient.
So, this is a busy but rewarding role that means working closely with the H&S Practice Director to source business development opportunities, work on client specific projects and develop valuable candidate relationships.
- Support vacancy generation through extensive use of internal and external tools, such as LinkedIn and job boards.
- Manage Jobs Hub function for the Health & Safety Group
- Work on sector specific activities that support generation of work and improved networking
- Support Executive Search activities, through headhunting candidates and researching company information
- Management of key candidate activities through database with regular updates and contact.
- Business development activities through candidate contact.
- Market mapping industries and companies
- Introduce Allen & York to new companies by researching appropriate vacancies and contacts to chase
- Research client contacts to support recruitment consultants and send out initial emails.
- Specific project activity
- Undergrad/BA Level
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives.
- Research and problem-solving skills
- Sense of urgency and a can-do attitude
- Organised and ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- An interest in the recruitment, Health & Safety or sustainability sector would be an advantage
What we offer
- Competitive Salary with uncapped commission
- Hybrid flexible working
- Training & mentoring
- Birthday off
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.