Ornithologist - Consultant / Senior
Location: UK Wide (home base / remote)
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Our client is listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250,
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a pro-active and experienced ornithologist to join their ecology team.
As an ornithologist you can expect to get involved with management and delivery of all elements of ornithological field surveys, assessment, tender and report writing and project management.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking a broad range of BBS, winter bird surveys, species specific surveys, offshore surveys and vantage point surveys
- Designing and implementing mitigation strategies
- Financial management of projects
- Production of tenders and reports
- Project management, report writing and delivery
- Providing ornithological support on projects for the wider team
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Previous, proven experience in a similar role, ideally within commercial consultancy
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports, EcIAs, HRAs and tenders
- Full driving licence
- Appropriate membership of CIEEM (dependent on grade, or to have eligibility if not currently held).
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Family friendly, flexible working opportunities
- Choice of home-working linked to multiple office / team locations
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular structured training and career development.