Due to high demand of services a new position has arisen for a Senior or Principal Environmental Consultant. This is a great chance to join one of the world's leading consultancy as a Senior of Principal Environmental Consultant.
As an experienced Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant you will help shape the future of environmental assessment and management. You will be part of a 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of environmental specialists to support consent applications and discharge of conditions, detailed design and construction management as the UK increases investment in infrastructure development, particularly Highways and water management. You will also have the opportunity to innovate and grow our services across infrastructure sectors, develop internal and external client relationships, and support collaboration with internationally renowned engineering design teams;
- Report to the Environmental Management Skill Leader and ultimately the Director responsible for the Environment & Sustainability Team;
- Be responsible for the management of multidisciplinary teams for the Environmental Impact Assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including Highways;
- Lead input to, compilation, critical review and quality assurance of Environmental Statements, non-statutory assessments, appraisals and management plans at all stages of project delivery;
- Prepare non-technical specialist sections of assessments;
- Lead individual projects and the environmental aspects of wider engineering and development projects, responsible for technical and commercial success;
- Support the team in business development activities, including identifying and pursuing opportunities;
- Prepare and lead on input into bids, proposals, and tenders for environmental services direct to major UK clients;
- Communicate effectively; develop and maintain relationships with internal; and external stakeholders.
Requirements and skills
- A Degree or post graduate degree in an environment related science;
- Minimum of eight years professional experience working within environmental impact assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including linear infrastructure;
- Professionally qualified through relevant professional body;
- Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major Highways England projects and compliance with their governance processes;
- Experience of working in other sectors including rail, water, energy would be an advantage;
- In depth practical knowledge and experience of environmental requirements for consenting of infrastructure projects in the UK;
- Good knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework, Policy and Guidance;
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary environmental teams;
- Experience of working closely with engineering, planning, and stakeholder engagement teams;
- Experience and appreciation of working in a Collaborative working environment across business teams and in Joint Ventures a distinct advantage;
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple work streams within small to major large scale projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences ranging from individual discipline technical specialists, senior projects leads, stakeholders (including stakeholder engagement) and key Clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of Environmental Statement authoring and editing;
- Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business;
- Experience of, and be comfortable and confident in, a client-facing role;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects;
- Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org