Principal / Associate Level - Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer
£40,000 - £60,000 Leeds
Are you looking for a role within a diverse and inclusive team, that promotes healthy working practices and wellbeing, with the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors?
Due to a healthy forward-looking workload and continued team growth, we're looking for a Principal and/ or an Associate Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer, to work along side the Principal Director and play a leading role in developing the team and growing the existing Leeds business. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Manage a growing geotechnical and environmental team comprising of engineering geologists, and geo-environmental and geotechnical engineers.
- Project Manage and lead technical project teams.
- Contribute to business development.
- Provide robust, technically sound, and cost-effective solutions to clients.
- Work within a range of sectors, including road and rail, industrial, residential, commercial and leisure developments
- Experience in undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground investigations including understanding of currently available ground investigation, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques.
- A basic understanding of contaminated land legislation and planning regime, with the support of geo-environmental specialist staff.
- Interpretative report writing and reviewing including a comprehensive understanding of ground models, geotechnical engineering properties and soil behaviours.
- Experience in considering construction techniques and constraints and value engineering appraisals.
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider firm.
- Ability to provide technically sound and commercially focussed proposals and reports based on a clear understanding of client's requirements.
- Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams and an enthusiasm towards business development and marketing.
- Prepare, review and/or authorise competent Ground Investigation Reports and Geotechnical Design Reports.
- A thorough understanding in the assessment and detailed design of:
- Temporary works e.g., crane bases, working platforms,
- Slope stability.
- Foundations (Shallow and deep).
- Earthworks Specification
- Reinforced Earthworks
- Retaining Structures.
- Soil & Rock engineering.
- Ground improvement.
- Ground movement and settlement/subsidence.
- Mineral workings and natural cavities.
- Basement engineering
Why this role?
Our clients Geo team objective is to deliver added value through cost effective and timely solutions to all Clients. They aim to be the number one team and company of choice for their clients, who seek integrated and high-quality services.
As an employer they are motivated to support and develop their staff and to provide an environment where people can flourish and reach their full potential. They are committed to taking equality, inclusion and diversity seriously and support and encourage staff from all backgrounds, genders, age, LBQT+, race, faith and cultures. They offer a range of inclusive policies, including hybrid working arrangements and family friendly flexibility and support.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.