Rehabilitation and Land-Use Planning Specialist
Competitive Salary / London UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you a Rehabilitation and Land-Use Planning Specialist, with a strong background in the resources industry (mining sector, oil and gas and renewables), looking for a great new role?
We are looking for a Rehabilitation and Land-Use Planning Specialist, who will provide advice, formulate rehabilitation plans and strategies, conduct field research and contribute to the growth of the Rehabilitation and Land-Use Planning Department. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your main responsibilities would be.
- Compilation of rehabilitation plans, rehabilitation monitoring and audits.
- Understanding and applying different techniques that can be used for rehabilitation.
- Understanding of practical methods of rehabilitation that are both feasible and cost effective.
- Identification of potential shortcomings related to existing sites that have been rehabilitated and how to address these shortcomings.
- Identifying monitoring protocols that can be implemented post rehabilitation to monitor the success of rehabilitation.
- Networking and growing strong relationships with clients and other partners in the market.
- Identifying and tracking trends, best practices, frameworks and standards and communicating those relevant to internal and external stakeholders and using information to develop new services and client offering.
You will have.
- BSc degree in Ecology or Natural Sciences (or similar)
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong background related in the mining industry.
- General understanding of soil science and how soils relate to rehabilitation.
- Basic knowledge related to plants and suitable plants for rehabilitation (especially grasses that can be utilised for rehabilitation).
- Basic background relating to wetland assessments and practical knowledge on the principles of wetland rehabilitation.
- Understanding of ecological principals and the impacts of mining on these both pre and post mining.
- Legal knowledge associated with rehabilitation, specifically related to the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act and the National Environmental Management Act.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.