Birmingham, Hybrid working
Are you a Senior Ecologist who prefers a balance of fieldwork and office work, or who is looking to largely move away from fieldwork and develop as a project manager, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Senior Ecologist to join dynamic and forward-thinking ecology team based in Central England, where you will be given the platform to develop new skills and achieve your goals. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Ecologist, you'll be reliable, hard-working, organised and pro-active, to help you manage a busy workload. You will enjoy working with and training Graduate and Consultant Ecologists and will be confident leading a range of surveys. You'll have specialist knowledge developed over the course of your career, and experience of a wide range of projects.
For those looking for an office-based position, you'll have project management skills and report-writing skills, with opportunities to develop these skills further under the guidance of senior managers. The ability to process data and create and manage large datasets would be an advantage, as would experience of using GIS to manage sites and fieldwork. A keen eye for detail for would be a definite advantage.
We are looking for the following requirements;
- A fully qualified scientist. Who utilizes scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- A general familiarity within a broad field of scientific knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Ability to interpret and record data, conduct analysis, compare findings to relevant studies and ensure compliance.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
- Performs inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
- Participates in developing corrective measures and procedures. Formulates hypothesis, performs research and makes recommendation.
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.