Senior Ecologist - Specialist in Entomology (Habitats & Protected Species)
Location - UK Wide role
We are excited to have partnered with a Client who is seeking a talented Senior or Principal Ecologist who has a good general understanding of habitats and protected species, and a demonstrable specialism in Entomology. This will entail UK Wide travel
The key features for this role is a Senior/Principal Ecologist with experience of undertaking Ecological Appraisals and some protected species surveys (protected species survey licenses are desirable), but with a specialism in Terrestrial Entomology
Experience with aquatic invertebrates is also desirable.
· A relevant degree or previous consultancy experience, full driving license,
· Membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM
· A legal entitlement to work in the UK is essential for this role
· The successful candidate will be able to survey for terrestrial invertebrates across a range of habitats using a variety of survey techniques, identify a wide range of invertebrates to taxa and species level in the field and using microscope and identification keys, whilst maintaining archives.
· Must have a good understanding of wildlife legislation and be able to to prepare technical quality reports including appropriate mitigation, management and monitoring where necessary and have the confidence to act as a direct client contact.
SALARY & BENEFITS ON OFFER:
Competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually).
Possibility of flexible working as well as open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job shares.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.
Please email your updated cv to email@example.com