This is a great opportunity to join and leading consultancy as a Senior Environmental Consultant (EIA). You will join a team that comprises of a variety of technical disciplines on a wide range of development types. The team have expertise in environmental impact assessment (EIA), strategic environmental assessment (SEA), integrated impact assessment (IIA), environmental and social due diligence (ESDD), health impact assessment (HIA), preliminary environmental appraisals, feasibility studies and contribution to guidance documents.
You will be an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced environmental consultant to work within an impact assessment team, delivering and managing projects and helping to grow the impact assessment business.
The position is for a Senior Environmental Consultant to work within the Environmental Consulting business in London. You will deliver impact assessments for projects at all levels, including major national infrastructure, transport and urban development projects, policies, strategies and plans. Clients will include private developers, public sector authorities and other organisations. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering and urban design specialists, and will work closely with technical disciplines to deliver high quality environmental consultancy services.
Your remit will be to undertake technical work as well as assist with proposal preparation and marketing activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering environmental impact assessments - this will involve managing the assessment process and technical teams and reviewing all technical inputs.
- Undertaking strategic assessment for strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and integrated impact assessment (IIA) of plans and policies.
- Undertaking environmental and sustainability appraisals.
- Writing environmental reports including EIA screening letters, EIA scoping reports,
- Environmental Statements, policy assessment reports, and other environmental reports.
- Project management activities including programming and budget control.
- Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Communicating and liaising with clients.
- Providing advice on environmental mitigation and enhancement measures.
Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders as part of the environmental impact assessment process.
- Undertaking project reviews.
- Assisting with impact assessment team business development and marketing.
Requirements and skills
You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and competent individual with environmental consultancy experience.
Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is required:
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA).
- Policy assessment (Integrated Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Sustainability Appraisal).
- Environmental and social due diligence (ESDD).
- You will require the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Good understanding of environmental legislation and experience of application of relevant legislation, policy and guidance in respect to impact assessment for a range of project types.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working on multiple tasks and projects at any one time.
- Ability to project manage environmental projects, successfully managing teams of technical specialists and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to manage and direct more junior staff.
- Good analytical skills with a focus on finding solutions in relation to impact assessment technical and project management issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have excellent report writing skills.
- Experience of working within a commercial environment, including client liaison, programme and time management, quality assurance and financial / budget control.
- Strong client management skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- A focus on meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to technical quality and excellence.
- Education to degree level, preferably a Masters degree.
- Member of an appropriate institute - full membership or working towards full membership. This could include the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent. Chartered Environmentalist status is desirable but not essential.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com