Senior Environmental Consultant - Flood Risk and Sustainable Drainage
Hybrid Working - Warrington Office Including Site Visits
Our Client is a specialised consultancy providing advice on matters relating to river and water pollution, effluent treatment, drainage and contaminated land. They specialise in defence, mitigation and negotiations with regulatory bodies and are well briefed on current legislation, its requirements and future trends.
Due to expanding workloads, an exciting opportunity has arisen within the company for a Senior Consultant/Project Lead to join their multi-functional and Investors in People (IIP) accredited team at their Warrington office. Successful candidates will be working within a multi-disciplinary organisation on a range of interesting projects in the areas listed above. You will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience.
- Working directly with clients, project scoping and managing parts of a project from conception through to completion.
- Analysing desktop data and supporting junior staff in obtaining and analysing such data.
- Leading site investigation and survey work in your specialist area.
- Preparation of technical reports for clients and using these reports and investigations to obtain the regulatory approval required.
- Advising architects on suitable design options.
- Running unique projects and working with insurers and organisations to identify the source of a flood. Identifying whether the flood was of natural cause or maintenance issues around part of the drainage system downstream of the flooding.
- Work within budgets to ensure projects are kept within scoping deadlines or explain why extensions are necessary to clients if needed.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Suitable candidates should have a good first degree in the relevant subject. This includes Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Experience within an environmental consultancy or regulatory role with an ideal candidate having a minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
- Full UK driving license.
Why this role?
Our client are experts in environmental management holding over 30 years of experience within their dedicated sectors. Being a family run business, they offer a unique tight knit team environment supporting further development and career progression across new sectors.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Sean at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.