An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Environmental Modeller to work primarily within the Catchment Management business of a specialist consultancy. This part of the business provides water quality modelling solutions to ensure the impact of any discharges is compliant with environmental regulations, to identify integrated pollution management solutions and to support the development and implementation of catchment management plans.
With sound water quality modelling experience, you will have knowledge and experience of the physical, chemical and bacteriological processes in urban, rural and coastal catchments and their receiving waters and be able to develop relevant and practicable conceptual models of these processes for complete catchment systems.
As a Senior Environmental Modeller you will work with the Environmental Modelling team and water management scientists and engineers to create and deliver innovative modelling solutions for water companies and regulatory clients.
A key part of your role will be working with clients to understand their issues and then developing and implementing solutions to address their needs. Day to day activities will include: consulting with clients; developing modelling solutions; leading the preparation of proposals; building, calibrating and running models; and supervising more junior members of the team in these tasks. You will also be involved in the further development of innovative integrated catchment model, SIMPOL ICM SIMCAT/SAGIS and other environmental modelling packages primarily for inland waters..
- An established and proven track record in environmental and catchment modelling.
- Significant experience in some or all of the following: rainfall runoff processes, sewer/river hydraulics, catchment hydrology, river chemistry and environmental compliance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Numeracy skills including basic statistics.
- Competency in the use of Access/Excel and experience of ArcGIS.
- Experience of developing junior staff and the ability to communicate technical work to non-technical people.
- A willingness to travel, primarily in the UK and possession of a clean driving licence.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org