Senior ESG Consultant
London UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you an ESG professional with a proven track record of reporting sustainability related activities and helping clients within the resources sectors respond to and develop strategies to manage issues across the ESG agenda, looking for a great new role?
We are looking for a Senior ESG Consultant who will align client's sustainability reporting requirements with industry best practices in terms of frameworks, data collection and assurance to meet their sustainability targets and ambitions.
You'll be expected to.
- Keep abreast of all disclosure and listing requirements and frameworks.
- Produce Sustainability reports and disclosures that showcase clients' work in a compelling way, while also ticking stakeholder boxes (including GRI, SASB, ISSB, TCFD)
- Compile annual responses to investor questionnaires such as CDP and DJSI and provide clients with guidance to improve their scores and their practice.
- Identify and track ESG and sustainability trends, best practices, frameworks, and standards and communicate those relevant to internal and external stakeholders and use information to develop new services and client offerings.
- Work closely with various specialists to implement strategies and annual environmental and social performance for clients.
You will have.
- Seven or more years relevant experience in sustainability consulting or similar. Experience and knowledge of the resources industry (mining sector, oil and gas and renewables) would be helpful.
- An understanding of responsible investment, sustainability emerging topics, the latest energy industry trends, strategies, and technologies.
- Knowledge of Sustainability/ESG rating agencies, frameworks, and databases.
- A flair for writing; you will enjoy transforming information and data into compelling copy and infographics.
- Strong project management skills: you will be developing sustainability reports from start to finish, working with clients until they are perfect.
- A willingness to travel.
- Post graduate degree preferably in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or Financial Communications.
- Experience in copy/writing or editing.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.