Senior Flood Risk Consultant
£38,000 - £45,000 / Aberdeen, Bath, Leeds or London (Flexible working)
We're looking for a Senior Flood Risk Consultant to join a growing environment team and deliver a range of projects including Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water Management Plans and business cases for Lead Local Flood Authorities and the Environment Agency. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior consultant you will:
- Liaise directly with clients and involve providing technical expertise in the delivery of hydraulic and hydrological modelling projects, including 1D and 2D models for rivers and surface water.
- Mentor junior colleagues, support work winning activity, and develop strong client relationships to support the continued development of the Environment team.
- Support innovative work with colleagues and explore new areas of work including sustainability, climate solutions and aquaculture.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation to promote our client through presentations at conferences and cross-sell our services to attract new clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a relevant bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline, and ideally a Masters or PhD in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of flood risk management legislation, planning policy, and industry guidance. This may include:
- Experience in FEH hydrological assessments and/or hydraulic modelling (ESTRY-TUFLOW, Flood Modeller, or similar)
- Business Case / project appraisal experience related to flood management
- Project management of flooding or water related projects
- Experience in providing technical advice and mentorship to junior team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present professionally both verbally and in writing, conveying technical subject matter to a range of audiences.
- You will be self-motivated with a proactive approach to continual professional development.
- You will be a Chartered member of a professional body or have a desire to work towards chartered status.
Why this role?
The well-being of the team is central to our client's success, so workloads are managed effectively and they promote agile working, so their working hours are flexible. On top of this, they have a host of benefits and family friendly policies designed to support their people. They also appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure and they ensure that their people have access to the training and mentoring they need to be the best at what they do.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.