A great chance to join one of the largest and fastest growing environmental consultancies as a Senior or Principal Climate and Carbon Consultant has arisen. You will work across sustainability, net zero and climate. The Sustainability & Climate Resilience discipline sits within a 185 strong Environment business unit based across the UK. Due to opportunities arising from engaging at a strategic level on sustainability to their client base, you will have a unique opportunity to manage several key client accounts. This is a senior position at either Senior or Principal grade (depending on your experience) with a focus on the management, growth and development of our sustainability, climate and net zero service portfolio.
This position would suit those with an already successful career in a sustainability consultancy, specifically in the area of net zero carbon management. Within this role, you will be given the opportunity to further develop your project management and leadership skills in a fast growing and dynamic consultancy environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in providing professional advice in respect of the net zero carbon management. You will have proven experience as a climate / net zero consultant with an expectation to have a sound technical understanding of the UK and Northern Irish policy and regulatory regime. You should also be able to demonstrate experience in tendering and managing projects of at least £50k+ value.
Office base location is flexible and you could be based in any of the UK offices or home-based. You will have the opportunity to work on sustainability and net zero projects in Great Britain and Ireland, as well as internationally.
You will need to have a flexible approach to time management and be willing to travel from your home for short periods.Qualifications
Key duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Act as the day-to-day client interface.
- Management and technical delivery of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions studies.
- Carbon based foot printing and consumption studies
- Life-cycle assessment
- Formal GHG reporting e.g. SECR, TCFD
- Baseline assessment, data gathering and reporting
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions monitoring.
- Climate change impact assessment
- Climate change risk analysis
- Assessment of future climate change and resilience scenarios
- Adaption and resilience strategy
- Management Systems ISO 14001 & 50001
As the successful candidate you must be willing to travel, have a valid driver's license, work independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Skills / Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a good honours degree in environmental science, engineering or related discipline and post qualification experience in a similar environment (with evidence of managing consultancy projects)
- Relevant professional qualification
- Experience in carbon footprinting, carbon reduction strategy development and implementation
- Experience of voluntary and mandatory carbon reporting
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an ability to manage and interpret data to inform effective decision making,
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships with colleagues and clients,
- Excellent communication and client coaching skills, with experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to a range of stakeholders, including Board / C Suite
- Passionate about tackling climate change and about the wider sustainability agenda.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Understanding of policy & regulation relating to GHG / carbon emissions and climate change
- The ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, as well as being willing to work individually.
- You will need to be a team player willing to work away from your base office, with a high level of personal responsibility and adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Full clean driving licence
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Experience in initiatives such as CDP, GRESB, ESOS, GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets, Net Positive, Net Zero Buildings, Circular Economy
- BREEAM assessor or building sustainability qualification
- Understanding of the role of renewable energy in the race to net zero
This is a great chance to join an expanding consultancy with ambitious growth plans. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com