Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant - Environmental Planning and Consenting
£31k- £46k / Nationwide / Permanent/ Full time or part time considered
Are you a highly motivated and dynamic senior / principal level environmental planning and consenting practitioner, with a specialism in Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) looking to progress their career within an ambitious and independent environmental consultancy?
We're looking for a Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of public and private sector clients. If this sounds like you, read on!
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA)
- Project and consultancy team management.
- Supporting the production of EIAs and similar environmental assessments.
- Leading and providing technical input into fee quotes and tenders.
- Supporting business development with a focus on low carbon economy sectors to contribute to the team's project pipeline and client profile.
- Working with other senior team members to ensure high quality project delivery.
- Contributing to the company's technical practice development and excellence in relevant environmental and sustainability disciplines.
- Working to company health and safety, quality and project management system requirements.
- Track record of leading and authoring HRA
- Experience in the coordination and production of Environmental Statements / EIA Reports, Environmental Appraisals and / or Sustainability Appraisals.
- Excellent working knowledge of environmental and other integrated impact assessment practices and ideally with some experience in climate/carbon and/or sustainability, social impact assessment.
- Demonstrable experience of planning processes and consenting working with wider client and project teams and their advisors.
- Experienced project manager of environmental projects, comfortable with client liaison, team and financial management as well as technical leadership.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Proposal/Tender preparation experience.
- Membership (ideally at Chartered level or equivalent) of a professional body, such as IEMA.
Why this role?
Our clients culture is driven by their strength in teamwork and professionalism. They promote integrity and treat people with respect. They support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. They invest in their people and support professional development and are committed to supporting their people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.