Senior/Principal Environmental Consultants-Natural Resources Wales consultancy framework
My Client is delighted to be supporting Natural Resources Wales on their Consultancy framework. The framework is to deliver NRW's flood risk management programme, Reservoirs Act compliance programme, flow gauging network upgrades, fish passage improvements and major infrastructure works on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
They are looking for Environmental Consultants with experience delivering high level Environmental Impact Assessments.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Writing, managing and/or reviewing all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) including feasibility, screening/scoping, and Environmental Statement chapters
- Guiding project delivery to take the opportunities of environmental best practice and avoiding risks.
- Advising and managing consenting applications such as planning, Development Consent Orders, HRA, WFD consent assessments, and Environmental Permits
- Promoting sustainable solutions and design.
- Providing a mentoring/supervisory role to more junior members of our team.
- An environmental related degree
- A sound understanding of EIA and sustainability
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Why this role?
Our Client develops intelligent solutions using their award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since their foundation over 100 years ago. They create new possibilities for humanity through their innovative approach to delivery.
Together with their clients, they are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Their business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.