Senior Social Value Economist
Our client is a group of businesses that create disruptive new ways of working - in evaluation, procurement, management and learning. Its mission is to use social value, technology and innovative thinking to bring a better, faster, greener approach to our core markets.
One of those businesses is the UK's leading social value measurement service. founded in response to the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 and has developed a market-leading software platform for measuring and monitoring social, environmental and economic impacts, which can be monetised to understand the value they create across a project or organisation. It is underpinned by the National Social Value Standard (SVS) measurement framework which includes hundreds of monetised metrics developed using sophisticated modelling. The framework and software are used by organisations across the private, public, and non-profit sectors to ultimately maximise the impact they can generate with the resources available.
What are they looking for?
Social value is a growth area, and they are a growing business. This means building a dynamic team where they celebrate diversity and bold thinking alongside attention to detail and robust analysis.
They are looking for a Senior Social Value Economist to help continue to deliver exceptional and pioneering work. This is an exciting opportunity for economists who have a keen interest in social valuation and sustainability, and want to have a positive personal impact.
The role requires the use of strong analytical and communication skills, combined with a proactive and collaborative attitude.
The successful candidate for this role to have the following experiences / key attributes:
- A real interest in social value/sustainability and making a difference for people and the planet.
- An academic background in economics.
- Excellent analytical skills and a 'quant' mindset, with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience in valuation and methodologies such as Social Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA).
- An ability to lead client engagements and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written, communication and presentational skills.
- Financial modelling, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive team player who is willing to support across the board and is keen to learn.
- Experience working with the HM Treasury Green Book on public sector business cases.
- An existing understanding of the technical aspects of social value.
- Strong project management skills, commercial awareness, and the ability to support junior team members.
- Relevant work experience, for example in social value or sustainability.
- Research and report writing skills.
- An ability to adapt effectively to unfamiliar situations and challenges.
- Developing social value metrics and valuations as part of SVS or bespoke versions:
- Using Green Book aligned CBA monetisation approaches.
- A mixture of desk research and analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
- Helping to shape and advance the analysis process and keep SVS at the cutting edge of impact valuation.
- Working with the other social value economists and internal stakeholders.
- Leading on research and client projects.
- Engaging with external stakeholders via meetings, thought leadership or webinars to communicate and demonstrate the technical approach and quality of SVS.
- Working with internal stakeholders such as the Technology team to help integrate SVS into the software platform.
- Helping to develop and evolve the team.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Private medical insurance.
- 25 days holiday, 1 day holiday for your birthday, and time off between Christmas and New Years.
- Flexible and remote working.
- Study package and development plan to be agreed.
For more details please contact Michelle, email@example.com
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.