About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Role Senior Sustainability Consultant
We are seeking a professional to join our clients growing sustainability profession. The successful candidate will have a 6+ years' experience of providing built-environment related consultancy and will possess a comprehensive understanding of the environmental policy and legislative landscape, and demonstrable evidence of delivering sustainability-related outcomes on completed projects.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of specialist consultants working across all areas of the built environment. They will be experienced in business development alongside supporting the delivery of high-quality design focussed output across a range of sectors.
They will have experience of the planning, design and construction industries (and associated processes) in the UK and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, resulting in the ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
They will be capable of multi-tasking supported by exemplary organisational skills. Their expertise should be borne from an enthusiasm for environmental sustainability, through the practical implementation of reducing the impact of the built environment by developing and implementing strategies that support environmental, social and economic sustainability at local, national and global levels.
Qualifications and previous experience: Applicants should have:
* A formal qualification in a sustainability/environmental management/built environment subject
* 6+ years of relevant experience working in the field of sustainability, with specific experience of sustainability design consultancy
* The ability to take responsibility in leading and delivering projects, coordinating and managing input from more junior members of the team
* Demonstrable evidence of developing sustainable design strategies in a built environment context
* Experience in financial management, including forecasting and resourcing
* Experience in work winning and business development
* The drive to build capacity and expertise within the team and wider practice
* Confidence in preparing and delivering presentations to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
* Chartership with a relevant industry body
* Exemplary written and spoken English, with experience of technical report writing
Our Client offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, profit shares, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
For more info or to apply please contact Michelle on: email@example.com