Senior Technician - Civil Engineering - Transport & Infrastructure
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Manchester
About the role
Our client has exciting opportunities for a Senior Technician - Civil Engineering to join their Transport & Infrastructure group. The role will be working with their Design Development team in the Manchester office.
The role of a Senior Technician is to undertake work necessary to assist Engineers in their duties. These duties will include working under limited supervision to assist the delivery of project technical drawings and information. The role includes administrative support including the collation of reports and drawings and maintenance of quality assurance tracking procedures.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- The role requires the candidate to be conversant with AutoCAD and experience with civil engineering design.
- Experience in the use of Civils 3D is also essential.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with other technicians, engineers and consultants.
- Commercial awareness within your field of experience.
- An aptitude to effectively delegate responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Good communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
Reasons to join
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme -
- Superb training - bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription -
- Social Fund -£25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity