Senior Transport Planner (T24)
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire -- Leeds
04 April 2022
Combining technical expertise and extensive knowledge, the Transport Planning team continually deliver sustainable, accessible and cost effective developments for Clients. Challenge traditional thinking by identifying pragmatic and innovative transport solutions in your work, take pride in assisting a fantastic range of public and private sector Clients with.
…. is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional Client satisfaction. They're rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates their commitment to their people and establishes them as an employer of choice. They invest in their people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. They extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join therm and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow's digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
…. you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Transport Planner in the Leeds office you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans, Masterplans and other technical reports to support planning applications.
- Working with other members of the Transport Planning Team, other BWB services, private and public sector clients, architects and planners throughout the project life cycle; and
- Understanding and ability to apply appropriate technical standards (such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets and Local Authority Design Guides).
- Supporting the preparation of fee proposals for new projects and working with the Team Leaders and Account Managers to ensure projects are delivered to budget and that KPIs are met.
- Supporting meetings, including negotiations with Local Authorities and other regulatory bodies.
What you'll bring
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in transport planning for development, including analysis and assessment.
- Ability to assist senior colleagues with dealing with clients, local authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of client briefs, fee proposals and the effective delivery of project work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate well.
- Good technical writing skills are required, and you should be able to demonstrate a sound working competence in the use of MS Office products (including Excel and Word).
- Preparation of Transport Statement/Assessments, Travel Plans, ES Chapters, Access Studies, preparing AADT/AAWT flows for air/noise assessments with some wider experience in technical design and master planning.
- Experience of industry standard junction capacity assessment applications such as Junctions 10 and LinSig, preferably including experience of larger network modelling.
- Experience of preparing and checking figures and drawings using packages such as AutoCAD and GIS.
- Ability to work effectively in an unsupervised environment, leading a piece of work or working within a project team.
- An ability to demonstrate management techniques including project and resource management as well as the mentoring of junior staff.
- A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics or similar.
- Ideally membership of a relevant professional institution (CIHT, CILT, IHE, TPS, ICE).
What they offer
- 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days, regular social events, rewards scheme and much more.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities including charterships and paid professional subscriptions.