Social Sciences Manager
Competitive Salary / London UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you a social sciences professional, with management experience in the resources industry (mining sector, oil and gas and renewables), looking for a great new role?
We are looking for a Social Sciences Manager, who will be responsible for managing and developing the Social Sciences team and capabilities of an international environmental consultancy.
Our client is passionate about what they do and are extremely fortunate to be able to make a difference in the lives of their colleagues, their clients, the communities they work in and the environment.
You will be expected to.
- Provide strategic growth and direction for the department.
- Effectively manage and review projects ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and against their quality standards.
- Act as a key accounts manager for designated clients through regular meetings, networking, and fulfilling a project sponsor role.
- Provide project reporting and analytics to relevant stakeholders on department's progress.
- Effective financial management of department's operations, this includes budgeting, forecasting, analysis etc.
- Effective people management this includes, development, recruitment, coaching and mentoring, disciplining, succession planning and performance management.
- Provide specialist studies that integrate into the ESIA process as well as standalone specialist products.
You will have.
- A Post Graduate degree in the relevant field.
- Project Management certificate would be beneficial
- 8 or more years' experience in the relevant field, preferably within the consulting environment would be beneficial.
- At least 8 years conducting specialist studies.
- At least five years working in the resources industry.
- 8 or more years' experience in developing or project managing the following services:
- Socio-economic impact assessments,
- Resettlement action plans; and
- Local economic development plans
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.