Subsea Cabling Consultant
This is an exciting opportunity for a full time Subsea Cabling Consultant to join our dynamic team based in Liphook (Hampshire), Dundee or Cardiff. My client is a leading offshore engineering and environmental consultancy with an established international profile in large-scale submarine cable developments and operations including power interconnector and offshore renewable energy (wind, wave, tidal) projects across the globe.
About the Role
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of subsea cable projects on behalf of clients, with an emphasis on cable technology installation, planning and design, risk assessment and project management.
This is an excellent job opportunity for a candidate who wishes to apply a creative mind to real world challenges and contribute to a team already established for its excellence.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary and benefits and an opportunity to develop your career and learn in an enthusiastic, innovative working environment.
You will be somebody with an inquisitive mind who is enthused by the prospect of building scientific argument to address complex real world challenges. You should enjoy liaising directly with clients, regulators and stakeholders and have a desire to manage work packages or projects. You should also enjoy working in a cohesive team with other gifted individuals and be excited by the prospect of developing practical and quantified leading-edge solutions.
Required skills and experience
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in technical subject
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in design and installation of subsea infrastructure
- Experience in project management and report writing skills
- Familiarity with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems and compliance requirements for offshore projects
- Technical understanding in one or more of the following: offshore engineering, installation or operations and maintenance.
Additional desirable skills
- Interconnector (power/telecoms) or offshore wind array/export cabling project experience.
- Technical proficiency in mechanical and electrical engineering design tools eg: PSS®SINCAL,
ERACS®, MATLAB® or similar
- Technical proficiency in marine analytical software; eg. Makai®, OrcaFlex® or similar
- Experience in leading or supporting the bidding process on an engineering project
- Industry recognized occupational health & safety management qualification
- Marine survival and offshore medical certification
- Fluency in second European language
- Commercial acumen
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions, whilst incorporating company vision when planning
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Strategic foresight to predict and plan for the future
- Result orientated to ensure our people, customers and strategy are aligned
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
- Be aspirational in shaping yours and the company's future by motivating and energising colleagues in achieving united goals.
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Highly energised mindset with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually as well as creating an environment for people to grow
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Motivated, self-starter
- Drive performance through setting clear performance expectations
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Sets a high-performance culture
- Ability to recognise and reward strong individual and team performance
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on analysis of the information presented
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org